Wednesday 11 March 2009

Producing Niche Content Can Be Boring

If you don't like writing - and writing a lot - much, you should not even try to attack some of the more competitive niches without investing money for advertising the blog.

I don't have any money to invest in this blog, only my own labour. So I have to be ready to invest many hours in this niche by writing more and more articles that have meaningful content. Articles that solve problems that my readers have encountered. Otherwise I will never make it to the top of the search results. And if I don't make it to the top, I will never earn more than a few cents with this blog.

It is sometimes difficult to find any ideas for an article. There are, however, ways to get over this block.

One of my favourite ways has been to write articles well in advance. Whenever I get an idea that somehow relates to blogging about AdSense and niche blogging, I write a paragraph or two to be published after a few weeks. In the weeks between the first draft and publication, I will have plenty of time to redraft and rewrite the article.

In addition, I often write my ideas down in a separate file where I can later find forgotten ideas for blog postings. I have used the same method for developing all kinds of texts ranging from my MA thesis to a published book.

If I don't write my ideas immediately to some file I will forget the ideas sooner or later. Usually sooner. And then I would have lost yet another topic for some of my niche blogs.

Furthermore, mind maps are a wonderful device for building networks of topics that can be used for a series of blog articles.

A series of intertwining articles is always easier to write than, let us say, five articles that have completely different topic and logic. And if you write well enough, such a series of articles will make your reader come back. And that is what we blog authors want our readers to do.

1 comment:

  1. Three are usually cheap Ralph Lauren available for sale each and every time you wish to buy. training statistics

    ReplyDelete